Quadrant 1 are proud to support the ‘Get Britain Standing’ campaign aimed at increasing awareness and education of the dangers of sedentary working and prolonged sitting time.
The British spend a staggering 8.9 hours each day ( on average) sitting down. Major international research has produced compelling evidence that sitting for more than 4 hours per day can result in the following health risks.
- Heart / Cardiovascular Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Muscle Degeneration
- Back Ache / Neck Pain
You can counteract this in an number of ways, such as:
- Sit- Stand Desks
- Treadmill Desks ( popular in the US)
- Removing tables in meeting rooms
- Standing and walking about while giving a presentation or speech
- Talking phone calls standing up, this can also improve voice quality
To find out more visit: Get Britain Standing