The aspect of NLP I love most is its ethos of treating everyone as an individual – no boxes, no labels no norms! Such freedom to develop excellence!
As the owner of Quadrant 1 International I have integrated NLP into my leadership and management trainings and executive coaching in large national and international organisations for the past 17 years working with companies such as Network Rail, Specsavers, B & Q, Dunelm, Farmcare Ltd, The co-operative Society, XPO Logistics, Wincanton, as well as running open NLP Practitioner and Master Practitioner programmes. I am also the author of ‘How to Sell with NLP’ and co-author of Brilliant NLP, The Brilliant NLP Workbook and How to Be Confident with NLP all published by Pearson Education.
I first came across Harrison Assessment as a coaching tool about 11 years ago having been introduced to it by a highly respected colleague. To my surprise I found that, unlike some other assessments, it fits well into the NLP ethos of individuality working with behavioural preferences rather than personality. Harrison is an assessment that is easy to understand, highly accurate and based on 30 years of research by Dr Dan Harrison, into what makes people successful in their work. He discovered two basic principles –
- People who enjoy 75% of what they do are more likely to be successful and attract other successful people to them – hence enjoyment theory.
- That two seemingly paradoxical traits can work together to create success and flexibility – hence paradox theory.
Dr Harrison realised that that these two principles had much more relevance to working success than personality alone. Imagine a workplace of happy, engaged people, attracting other happy engaged people and creating a creative, productive culture.
I’m delighted to have been asked to speak about this at the 2018 NLP International Conference on 18-20th May 2018 in London… In an interactive, upbeat workshop on the Saturday afternoon I will explain –
- Why Harrison differs from other assessments and why it fits so well with NLP
- How to use Harrison Assessments alongside NLP with your coaching clients and team/group events to maximise results
- How Harrison Assessments Talent Solutions can form the basis of a complete talent solution for individuals, teams and organisations for your business clients – including benchmarking excellence in a role, measuring 8 engagement and retention factors, objectively rather than subjectively, for teams/groups and individuals and measuring standard behavioural competencies as well as 10 Leadership BCs.
I will be speaking at 4:30pm on the Saturday. Please visit www.nlpconference.com to find out more about the conference and how to book your place.
If you would like to try the Assessment for yourself before attending do send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will forward the link. I will then bring along the results to the session. This is an offer made free of charge. Please also feel free to call me on 07768 922244 in the meantime if you would like to know more