As a trainer of, amongst other things, presentation skills I came across my notes from when I first attended NLP Trainer Training with Realisation at Stenhouse back in the day and found these principles which are oh so relevant still today ……
Click the image to view a larger version and download
- The flipchart/Powerpoint is NOT the training (John Rogers)
- There are no difficult groups only inflexible trainers
- Excellent training comes from CAUSE not Effect
- Feedback feeds learning
- Every response is a training opportunity
- You reap what you Say – If you always do what you’ve always done …. the delegates will fall asleep!
- Trainers with high Flexibility will reach parts that other trainers don’t even know about
- Learning to trust your own resources is the most powerful learning of all
- The trainers choice: whether you believe something is possible or not you are right
- Inside every delegate there is a real person
- The key to training is NOT in your head
- Everybody has something to learn. Everybody has something to teach
Unconsciously I have stuck with these principles during the 20+ years I have been training leaders and managers – they have served me well – thanks Realisation at Stenhouse!
Are you interested in how we can help with developing these and other presentation and communication skills for yourself or your team? Check out our Advanced Presentation Skills wi th NLP course, or please get in touch at [email protected] or on 07768 922244